Moonlight Backpackers Lodge is the only fully operational backpackers lodge in the Hartbeespoort and Brits area. It is the ideal break away destination for a day or two. The area offers a large variety of things to see and do. Clean and comfortable accommodation with en-suite bathrooms is available. Bedding is provided, but clients must bring own towels. Moonlight Backpackers Lodge is a game farm where we breed with rare wildlife, like black impala. Therefore we do not allow loud music on the property.
Moonlight Lodge is a self catering backpackers lodge, with a large communal kitchen and all the utensils, cutlery, cookware, glasses, fridges that you will need. There is two braai areas – one under roof for rainy days, and one outside for good weather. Bring your food, spices, firewood etc. Coffee and tea is available, just bring your own milk. There are very good restaurants in the area for those who do not wish to cook.
Moonlight Backpackers Lodge Accommodation:
- 2 x Twin rooms: 2 Single beds in same room: Bathroom – shower, wash basin, toilet; Maximum people per room – 2.
- 2 x Double rooms: 1 Double bed; Bathroom – Shower, wash basin, toilet; Maximum people per room – 2.
- 5 x Family rooms: 1 Double bed + bunk bed in same room; Bathroom – Shower, wash basin, toilet; Maximum people per room (2 adults + 2 children)
- 1 Dormitory (Communal): 6 single beds in the same room; Bathroom – 2 Showers, 1 wash basin, 2 toilets; Maximum people in dorm – 6 People.
- Bathroom with shower, toilet, wash basin.
- Pool table & dining tables.
- Kitchen area.
Moonlight Backpackers Lodge Communal Kitchen / Entertainment Area:
- Self catering.
- Guests must bring their own food, spices, and firewood
- Kitchen fully equipped with plates, mugs, pots & pans, etc
- Two fridges to keep your food fresh, and drinks cold
- Comfortable lounge area where you can relax
- Pool table (R2 coins)
- Dining room area, seats 20 to 22 people
- Very large indoor braai (BBQ) so that you can still braai if it is raining
- Toilet with wash basin
Other Facilities & Communal Areas:
- Large outdoor braai (BBQ) area, with a pit for warm fires in the evening
- Large trees with 6 & 8 seater tables under the trees
- Safe and secure parking area with spot lights and CCTV cameras
- Internet in the office where you can check emails (08:00 to 17:00 only)
- We can do washing (R20 per load), if required
- We have a variety of wildlife, which you can see from the lodge.
Moonlight Backpackers Lodge Contact Details:
072 262 3570
in the Hartbeespoort and Brits area
North West Province
(10 min from Hartbeespoort, half an hour from Pretoria, an hour from Johannesburg)